WHY BE A TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR?
NAYS is always expanding and looking to add basketball tournaments in new areas. Many coaches and basketball "junkies" are looking to have more tournaments in their area or make money for their teams, clubs, or even themselves. Becoming a NAYS tournament director can satisfy all of these needs. Requirements to become and perform the duties of a director are minimal, but many directors have built tournaments of a very large scale as well as helped to improve their own program in the process.
* Money due to directors is paid after the balance sheet is completed upon the conclusion of the tournament.
* When a director has collected fees from a team of players, it is immediately sent to the national office to be placed into the tournament.
Once a director runs a tournament on the weekend he/she selects, the tournament profits will be split 50/50 with the national office of NAYS after the tournament director and national office have finalized the balance sheet for the event and paid all associated bills. The tournament director has the option to use his/her portion of the tournament proceeds as desired. Many directors will take a percentage for themselves and give a percentage to their school program or club for their players' use. The tournaments are a great moneymaker for the director's programs.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of a tournament director are easier than you might think! The basic necessities are as follows:
1. Find a site to run your event at or below the price level allowed by NAYS.
2. Be on site on the tournament weekend as the tournament director.
3. Have a few people for volunteer labor for your admissions window and concession area.
4. Locate a supervisor of officials to scehdule referees for your event.
5. Help promote the event to teams, clubs, and coaches in your area.
YOU CAN FIND OUT IN WHICH STATES NAYS IS LOOKING TO EXPAND BY EXPLORING OUR TOURNAMENT SITE MAP!!